Search the devotional

Thursday, August 19, 2010

What did you do with your day???

 If you had to stand before your Creator our heavenly Father. If he asked you what did you do today for my name sake what would be your reply?  Would you come with excuses that you had so much going on at work today? Or that the kids were driving you crazy, so much so that you could barely think straight.  Your boss was riding you so hard you that never had a moment of peace. Or perhaps it was your spouse nagging you? Or the traffic or you just got busy.

Image if you would if you called upon God for help and he said I'm busy right now.  You will have to wait, or he said is it really important? Come back later when I have more time.  Not exactly the words you want to hear from the Father right ????

 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business? (Luke 2:49) Christ knew from a young age that he must be about his Father's business, but whose business are you about? If God ask that question of you, what  shall you say, that I was busy with my own affairs.
I believe that if we are about God's business he will take care of our business(bills, family,etc...)

During His ministry Jesus would be heard saying, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working." (John 5:17)  "The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him." (John 8:29) 

Whose business are we about? Perhaps we've become too caught up in doing our own business, doing what we want to do.  If we're not constantly on guard, other masters slowly begin to take over.
Perhaps fasting has pointed this out to you, there may be some things that you had difficulty letting go of, even for a week. One member found out how much they were hooked to TV. Some of us may be under the domination of bosses who keep demanding more of our time, and we passively fall into schedules which nearly forbid us to do what we really want to do.  "Those who have no goals of their own will always end up working for someone else's goals."
Let's take a business check. Whose business are we in? Of course some will reply, "But I have to work for a living, you know!" Yes, but it's the perspective that counts - your work in the world must also be seen as the Lord's work. One brother said it this way, "The Lord placed me in this job, and I believe He has a reason for me being here." 

So let us be about our Father's business daily, let us raise up ready to glorify our heavenly Father in all that we do each and everyday. For we all must give account one day as we stand before the Father.

My eight year  saw me working on this and I explain to him what my thought pattern was and what direction I felt I wanted to with the thought. He said this was an adult issue because we get to busy with our lives. Wow! He get its why can't we!!! 

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives