Search the devotional

Monday, August 16, 2010

Never alone (Part 2)

Ever find yourself all alone and help seems no where in sight?  Ever been in a room full of people but felt all alone?  Christ can understand and relate. He at his most troubling hour, asked his best friends to sit with him and pray with him. Yet they fell asleep, we are told that he prayed so hard that he had blood and sweat pouring from his forehead.


And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.(Genesis 28:15)

Image if you will always being with your Father and then one day being separate from the only person you know and has always been there for you. Think you would feel alone? While Christ went through exactly that on the cross, He cried out my God my God why has thou forsaken me.  All alone with only the sins of the world to comfort him that was all that was there.
Though you may be persecuted, but  your not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed For God is with you always. Because Christ paid the price for you and I.

Trust me I know when the storm comes, heck it feels like your all alone, because you want God to stop the storm or take you out of the storm, who doesn't want that.  He never said he would do that, he simply said I will be with you always.  Sometimes the storm is part of our growth process. We would not appreciate the sun shine if there was not rainy days. If everyday was a hot sunny day, would not we begin to pray for rain. Sadly pain helps us to really appreciate joy.  One day Christ said he would wipe away every tear and there will be no more dieing but till they day we must endeavor and trust in the Lord our God to get us through the storms of life.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives