Search the devotional

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Do you know the secret to life? To good health? To a long marriage? To happiness? To clear skin and no athlete's foot?Ec        evision, or even go to the movies, without seeing a commercial promise the secret to something. Truthfully, most of the answers you receive aren't secrets, they're just common sense. I think we're really looking for shortcuts and external solutions to internal problems.

I'd rather you give me five easy steps to good health than eat a balanced diet and exercise on a regular basis. Tell me how to fix my husband in seven days because that's simpler than working on myself. If it were really as easy as the commercials promised, we'd have long lives, happy marriages, gorgeous hair, and never get sick.

The real secret isn't a secret at all. It's relationship with God. Knowing Him and walking with Him makes our lives bearable. It doesn't make them perfect, nor does it make us perfect. I may never have perfect hair, a perfect marriage, or the perfect body, but I can have perfect peace, and that's enough for me.


 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)
True perfection can only be found in Christ, you are ready to surrender your fancy house and all your trips  to spain

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives