Search the devotional

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Monday night Message to the Homeless ( Copy of the message that I preached to the homeless in Bremerton)

Its time to get up

We all have made mistake,but where you are is not where you have to be.  For your heavenly Father wanted me to tell you, he's waiting for you to get up. He has not forgotten you, though it may seem the world has forgotten you. Your heavenly Father wants you to know that no matter what you have done, he is willing and able to forgive you, but you have to be willing to forgive yourself. You have to be willing to believe in his promises.  His word tells me that He will not forsake nor leave us. He standing here with arms wide open for you, want you run to him, for its not to late your heavenly Fathers wants you to come back home.

Saint is simply a sinner who felt down and got back up.  God said if you will confess your sins that he is quick to forgive them.  I'm not going to tell you that if you give your life to God tonight that he will get you off the streets tomorrow. I don't know what God's plain is for your life. What I do know is that, God's plain for your life was not this. Nor was it your plain  when you were a child. I don't think any of you as child thought I will grow up one day and be a drug addict or an alcoholic or be raped beaten or robed.  Yes the world may see you as outcast and walk right past you the street like you are nothing. But I'm here to tell you that you are something special, for you are the apple of God's eye. He loved you so much that he gave his only begotten son so  that you might have a better life than the one you have right now!!!

 I don't know about you but there is no way I want to live in hell and die and go to hell.  God did not create hell for man,so when then are so many of us trying so hard to get into hell after living in hell for so long???
Sometimes in our walk with God it seems that He has shut up the heavens.  We then start to feel as if God has forgotten all  about us or we have done something to tie His hands. But is this true?   In the book of Isaiah, God says, Can a woman forget the suckling of her youth? Yea, but I will not forget you.  For I have  engraved you in the palms of my hand.  Just because it appears that heaven is not open to you, it doesn’t mean God has forgotten you.

Scriptures used
1 Cornithians 13:1-7 
John 3:16

Please keep this in prayer for it was the first time in while I've actually taught or preached whatever adjective you want to use. I've preached a few months ago but it was in a building but never on the street . So keep me in prayer and my brother Don that God will use us, that it will be about God's will and not ours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay I just don't understand you, are you trying to be some type of Mother Theresa? You email me daily asking if I need prayer and sending me words of encouragement. So now your out there risking your life for homeless people. Why are you doing that, I thought you Christians normally give a donation on Sunday and your covered for charity work. I never meet a Preacher as strange as you. I guess at the same time, I must say I would come to listen to you speak on street corner. someone got come and make sure they don't beat on the old white guy. Doesn't that scare you knowing that most homeless are druggies drunks and mostly poor blacks and white trash. I know to tomorrow you will remind me again how your life is Gods right?

Thank you for the prayers this week work was a real bitch with my new supervisor and my cubical mate listen to Christian rap, so pray for me that I don't kill him not sure why black people listen to that stuff. Anyway the message was not bad, for old guy who has no idea of what its like to actually struggle as many of those people do granted they put themselves there. That is cool just hope I don't turn on the news and hear about old white preacher got robed and beaten. I will know it was you though

Matthew Blake said...

Reverend Henry thank you, for it was men like you who sought after me. I was homeless for 12 years in San Diego California 7 years in Reno
A guy by the name of Rick Stevens, did give up on me. I've been clean and sober for 3 years now. So please don't give up on those people. Thank you again for going out there many in the church want actually go and speak to them and share the gospel as you did.

God will bless you for what your doing.

Karen Whitley said...

I second what Matthew said, thank you Dr. Henry for keeping Jesus great commission for us to go and preach the gospel. How else will they know about Christ unless men like yourself go out and do this.
Keep doing God's work, Dr. Henry. I pray the Lord will continue to bless you use to bring those poor souls to salvation, before its to late.


God bless you

Karen Whitley

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives