Search the devotional

Monday, August 30, 2010

A message to Homeless in Bremerton


Disappointment: How many of you know what disappointment is?
Webster’s describes disappointment as a  feeling  of  frustration or being let down,  is there anyone here who can relate to that?
Ever asked a stranger can they spare some change and they say get a job, but your homeless with no  clean close and no address and you have tried with no success. 
Right now it doesn't feel like God is working all things to your good now does it?   If He really heard your prayer, why haven’t you received results?  Ever ask yourself those questions?
The good news is this its not in God's nature to abandon or decive us.
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? (Numbers 23:19)
In the book of Revelation God says he will wipe away ever tear.  Are you tired of crying tired of feeling like no one cares?  Well God cares about you more than you can ever realize.  I’m told the greatest sign of love is a man giving his life for another.  Many of us would scarcely give our life for a good man, but would you give your life for your enemy who has hated you and does everything to hurt you?
Well God did that for you and I, died for those who hated him,  Christ asked the question when he was being judged by the religious leaders of his time after being struck by a guard a simple question why did you hit me, what did I say that  would warrant that.  I ask you why do you hate Christ ?  Why do you hate yourself?  You can not love yourself and remain  in this frustrated state and disappointed state. God hurts for you because he never plain for you to be here. Each of you if you think back remember what turn you took to get here.   Its time we start asking God to show you way out of here, a way to leave behind the drugs the alcohol the failed attempts from your past.  You can not  go back and you can not  remain here, so you must get back up and move forward.

1 comment:

Kimberly Steward said...

Wow, thank you for that word, I got your link from a co-worker Sally who knew you from the Navy. She recommended that I read your devotionals. I'm a first time reader and certainly will not be a last time reader. I need that word today my, I just found out my husband is filing for divorce we were childhood sweethearts. My twenty-one year old daughter might have cancer also. So today was a day I was really feeling very disappointed. Thank you for your word, it was for me at the right time and the right word.

God bless you

Kimberly

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives