Search the devotional

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Do they know? How can they know if you didn't tell them?

 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.( Acts 17:24-28)

Much like Paul, when he went to  Athens, he discovered people who did not know God, we must also tell those in this era about the true God. For the world today has many gods, it could be their job, their beauty, their wealth, their intellect, or religion (man ideology of a god place in a box).  Tell have you taken the time to identify God and explain to those around who God is, not what some Evangelist on television said or their uncle Benny said.

Now like with and the Athens many that you share the truth about God will not hear you or accept it, but many will. Do not try to preach to them simply share  why you believe and the difference God has made in your life and why you know he is real 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Short of assassinating you, nothing I seem to say to you registers and then you have nerve to email me weekly asking if I have prayer needs and that your praying for me and my family. Either you are who you say you are or the biggest nut job I have ever seen. My new cubical partner is one of you also. He saw me reading your page and asked for the link. So now I've even got to work with you people. I first feel I must say I'm sorry for my words for I have read your emails over and yes you are correct the people that hurt me. Was not you or any of the Christians that come to your site. I read your answers to everyone of my questions and for the first time since I was thirteen someone actually provide me with both your christian proof but outside non religious proof that Jesus was who he said he was. Don't go getting excited it does not mean I'm a convert but I will continue to read your devotionals and I thank you for not being like every other Christian I have meet. Your words always remained the same. I never seem to be able to get raise out of you. Which is what always shows me that this Christians are fake. Each email and there are 28 emails from you with Scriptures and stories and constantly asking me what question do I have about God and true Christianity. I may not like Christians all that much but Dr. Henry your one hell of guy, again I'm sorry, for my word of anger toward you and your family. Please forgive me. I would appreciate you continued emails and if I should desire to attend a church direction and dates and time that you will be preaching.

My cubical partner also would like the same information for him and his family since they just got stationed here. After him reading your page and some of the emails you sent me he says your the real deal.


Thank you

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives