Search the devotional

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Where were you on 911

I remember I was on base, I was ending my 12 hour watch when I  sat in the galley waiting for the rest of my crew to meet before I dismissed them for the day. I turned on the TV and watched in disbelief, I watched and hate grew in me so strong but yet a fear for my wife was in Los Angeles and I felt it would be hit next. So I ran to a the phone and called my brother in law and told to get her out of LA now.  I was not able to leave the base not because the base was overwhelmed,  because all I could say to my chief is that we can not let this go unanswered they must pay. That day I was not a Christian, that day I was not your brother in Christ at that moment I was apart of the finest fighting force in the world  waiting for the call for us to deploy and to hear the CO say boys its time  to say lock and load. We had guys in the brig that said  they would gladly go and bring this fight to their door of our enemy.  Lord till this day I have not forgotten. Lord help me to forgive them that took the lives of  innocent civilians. They did not attack one of our Navy ships or a Spec Opts team or any branch of the military.  We must never forget this day, for those of you who did not loose a brother in arms on the battle field or son or husband or a daughter or wife or mother or a father. Remember
 those who did say a prayer for them and great price that has been paid by for our freedom.

Dear Lord today I ask that you pour out your spirit on this nation today, let us join hands and lift up the name of our Heavenly Father let us give him thanks for keep this great nation, for California would have been hit also had it not been for God intercepting  those in Houston that had planned to attack LA. Which for most of us military came as no great surprise, I know it was God who stopped them.  Thank you Lord for all that you did that day to keep this nation whole.




No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives