Search the devotional

Friday, September 3, 2010

Did you know that our Father loved a Sinner like me??? Well did you?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, buthave everlasting life.( John 3:16)

Many people quote John 3:16 -- but how many us actually  believe it?

  The Father never changes. If He loved the people of the world in the past -- He still loves them today. Yet many people think God is  mad at sinners  and that he hates the sinner, he like any Father is displeased by what he see's that the sin does to our lives.  His hands are tired because of free will, image if you can for a second, being a parent and watching your child hurt his or herself and not be able to do anything to stop it. But to say no Bill or Sue this not good this will hurt you.  Image after you do all that you can they still resist you and continue down a road that can only lead to harm to themselves all those around them.  That is what my Heaven Father goes through daily

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.(Romans 5:8)

  Our Heavenly Father is NOT mad at us. He loves us enough to die for us! For a sinner is simply a Saint who has fallen down and not gotten back up, Christ is standing there with open arms ready to receive. Its time they accept they can get back up Christ is there with his hand stretched out to assist you. Just call upon his name, and he will not abandon you as the world does.  Of course, God doesn't want people to remain sinners. He loves them too much for that. Sin destroys. It brings death. But the gift of God is life -- and that gift is found in a Person: the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus is the best friend a sinner will ever have. They need to know that. Someone has to tell them the truth. They think Jesus hates them because they're a sinner and not perfect. (The devil already fed them that lie.)

 Its time they knew the truth that our Father loved us when we yet his enemy and he loves them also, who will go and tell them this truth? Shall it be your pastor or your deacons the prayer warrior from your church?  Or how about you since you after all do work with them?  Who shall tell your family members?  Who shall tell your neighbors?  You say I don't know how to them, try first off doing it with love.

  That God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. (2 Corinthians 5:19)

Wait a second so the Word itself tells us to that God has committed us to the message of reconciliation?



Pew warmers, it time you realize it not about you, it about letting the lost know that they no longer have to walk in darkness.  Who told you the truth?  How did you come out of the darkness?  Did you think you were the last of the sinners to be saved?

1 comment:

David said...

Dr. H so why is that my Father doesn't seem to believe anymore that God loves him. Like you he also had a wife my mother who slept with a deacon and like you he forgave her for the first time. Believing that was the only time, but like you he discovered that she had lied and slept with him again. I love my dad and if God can bring my dad back from the dead cause he's a alcoholic and even though I did what you said he is off the streets but he still not willing to forgive himself and believes that God does not love him because of what my wh**** mother did. I know most of the time I'm very rude and seemly as if I don't believe what your saying. I'm at the end of my rope and Dr. H if God is willing to help my dad I will do whatever your God wants. You said he would feel numb he says that is exactly how he feels and doesn't trust a woman anymore or people. He served God for over 25 years and this what your God allows to happen to him, please help me to understand. Cause my father feels God does not love him and could not have loved him or our family to let this happen. I also feel the same way. Not sure how you were able to forgive your ex-wife for that type of crime, my mother does not carry the pain but it is my father as you said bares the pain. How fair is that, these women got away with murder they hurt you both and now they have moved on and did not care. Tell me what to do, I realizes after your 10 email on the subject that I do love him and he is presently crashing at my place. I did take your words one day at time to heart. I do not mean to sound ungrateful but please I do need your words your advice or whatever you want to call it. I read your words to my father and he said you were certainly a preacher no doubt about that. But Dr. H while you preach love and forgiveness how do I get my Father accept God's love again and accept that my mother actions are not his fault? Why did your god let my family fall apart. I know that many men get married and have kids and stay not for love but for the kid, but isn't that a good thing why doesn't your god bless that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I left two messages on your cell and your email messages keep bouncing back so please reply as soon as you can.

Thank you

David

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives