Search the devotional

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Are you a brother or sister in Christ to others???

Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.  (Galatians 6:2)
 Tell me what hour is to late?  which day is a bad day for you? I ask this question because a brother shared with me today that he had received a call from a brother from his church but felt he wanted to watch TV and rest since he had a long day at work and his wife was complaining about something.  The next day he checked the message and brother had asked for him to please call him back that he really need to talk to someone.  Sadly my brother did not know that this brother suffered from major depression. Do you see where this about to go? The brother took his life because depression is a dark place the enemy wants to put people and make them feel like life is not worthy living. Sadly that brother bought the lie and is no more.


I'm far from a saint but I tell my brothers to call me day or night if they need me, but sadly I would not call those same brothers if I were hurting simply because I feel they have enough to deal with.  Or maybe its late or night. Or maybe it would upset their wives.  If you were on Facebook  and you saw I was hurting would you call me?  If I didn't come to church on Sunday would come check on me?  If you saw me walking the street late at night would you stop?  If you saw me coming out of a bar late at night drunk would  inquire about why I was there?


Now when Job’s three friends heard of all the evil which had come upon him, they came, each from his own place: Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuite and Sophar the Naamathite. They agreed to come together, visit him and console him. When they saw him from afar, they did not recognize him and raising their voices; they wept and they rent their robes and sprinkled dust upon their heads heavenward.  And they sat with him on the ground seven days and seven nights, and no one spoke a word to him for they saw that his suffering was very great. (Job 2: 11-13)

 


Lord God help me to love on my brothers, help me to stand with my brothers through their storms, and most of grant me the strength to hold my brother up when he is not able to stand on his own.  Lord grant each of us as men the wisdom to ask for help, grant us the ear to hear those men that have been crying out in silence.  Let treat our brothers as we would treat Christ.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives