Search the devotional

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Elah (Hebrew: אֵלָה), (plural "elim")

It is the Aramaic word for “awesome“. Our God is an awesome God hmm that makes sense to me :).   Elah is found in the Tanakh in the books of Ezra, Daniel, and Jeremiah.

But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.
 Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.
 He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion. (Jeremiah 10:10-12)
 Elah-avahati, God of my fathers, (Daniel 2:23)
Elah Elahin, God of gods (Daniel 2:47)
Elah Yerushelem, God of Jerusalem (Ezra 7:19)
Elah Yisrael, God of Israel (Ezra 5:1)
Elah Shemaya, God of Heaven (Ezra 7:23)

I believe that we need to understand whom we worship, otherwise we are like the woman in [John 4:21-23]
Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.  Father let us worship you with all our heart all of our being in truth and spirit. We praise you for you are worthy of the praises.

1 comment:

David said...

Dr.H I'm really confused I got the bible you sent me also at work today. But I looked up these names none are in this King James bible but yet the name you mention here. Are all of over the internet. How is that your people didn't know these names. If I believe in your God I would want to know everything about him. Is that why so many of your people can explain why they believe in God and what proof do they have to prove he is real? Thank you for the email concerning the attributes of God, I must say the more you share about your God is certainly different than the God I heard about via TV and in church. Your God sound loving but strict like a parent.

Dr. H you would make a real good teacher, I thank you for all your patience and understanding I wish my dad had been more like you. I think I would not being going through the depression the drinking and mistrust of women and the Church and all of it fake leaders excluding you. Cause even though I never meet you yet, I have no doubt you are the real deal. My father wanted me to thank you for all you have done for us and I do echo that statement. Not sure why did what you did, but thanks for actually showing us that love those Christians always talk about but never really do anything but quote scriptures. You have give me your time and even spent your money on me for books and the research pulling strings to get my father in the class on his first time.


Thanks Dr. H

David

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives