Search the devotional

Friday, May 28, 2010

Trust


 Put not your  trust in princes,  or in  men, in whom there is no salvation, for they will forsake your trust and you. The Psalmist wanted us to realize that we must trust in the Lord and only in him. For it is from him that our salvation comes. Psalms 146:3

Webster's define's trust as: That upon which confidence is reposedground of reliancehope.

Lord Godthou art my trust from my youth. We are told in the Hebrew bible to put not our trust in princes, today it would probably read put not your trust in your elected officials or  actors or the media. For they are all men and have all fallen short of the glory of God.

Isaiah 12:

 2Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.



Psalm 62:8 

Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

Ponder this for a second if you will, why is that  when you sat down in a chair you check the chair to ensure that it will support your body weight?    You and I trust that chair more than we do our Heavenly Father at times, why is that ?

 We can see in Proverbs 3:5 That we are encouraged to trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

So what your saying is that I must blindly trust in a power that I can neither see nor feel nor hear?  Trust that he will provide for me, trust that he will care for me and protect me in my time of need? Yes that is exactly what I'm saying, You live because of God, he did not bring you this far to leave you. So yes trust in the Lord with all your strength and all your might.


 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Trust is like a flower, it must be handle with great ease, and is easily damaged or destroyed, we are creatures riddled with emotions and we like  ocean way are tossed to and fro by whatever emotion is strongest.  So if we put our trust in mankind we will find ourselves disappointed because like you and I all mankind is faltered from birth.
I hear people say well I trusted him or her not to hurt me. Or I trust that it would work out for my best.


In Isaiah 12:2  Isaiah tell us to that God is our salvation and it is in him that we must trust and to not be afraid.

So are you ready, to give up the worries and all the issues that you hold onto daily because your afraid.  Are you ready??? To give it to God and trust that he will take care of it for you?  Do you think that the God of the universe can not handle your problems?  Sorry I can't hear you can you speak up?  Is the God of the universe big enough to handle your little problem?  Or is that you feel your problems are bigger than the God?

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives