Search the devotional

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Love one another (Without Love)




 Without love: song writer name Tom Johnston.

  

The writer poses the question, without love where would you be now?

1 John 4:

8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.

1 Corinthians 13

 1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
 2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
 3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Paul the author basically lets us know that without love all our actions are mean-less.

According to the book of John if God had not loved us, we would still be bond by the law and bond to die in sin.  Without love, that cross would have been empty.


John 3:16  reminds us that without the love of God we would still be lost and eternally separated from God.

The English word "love" has many different meanings. It can have affectionate, benevolent. The Hebrew word aheb, most commonly used in the Old Testament, had a similar range of meanings.


Our society is in a world of trouble. Without love, our society will finally come apart. Without God, we will always be without love. 
If I have not love for my brothers and sisters, how then can I claim to love God whom I have never seen but hate or dislike my brothers and sisters whom I have seen.  Without love nothing is possible for all hope is dead without love, we exist because of the Love of God.


No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives