Search the devotional

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Give Glory to the Father

"I saw also the LORD sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and
his train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphims: each one
had six wings; with twain he covered his face. . . . And one cried
unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts"
(Isaiah 6:1-3).

When I woke this morning I knew it was not by my might,
cause most days I do not desire to be in this cruel world.
You and I are here for the Lord's pleasure, we do not live
unto ourselves nor do we die unto ourselves.  Let us give
glory to the Lord in all that we do. For if we do it unto the
Lord then will it not be blessed?


All  life, as well as all good things, come from God. "Every
good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from
the Father, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of
turning" (James 1:17).

So is James saying that we are not accidents that we not
just some particulars floating around in space that one day
they collided bang the universe was created.
James tells us that we were created with a purpose
by the God of this universe, not Darwin's theory .



He is not only our heavenly "Father,"
  He is the "Father of glory." Paul prayed for
you and me: "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of
glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the
knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened"
(Ephesians 1:17-18).

He dwells in splendor, deserves our
praise, rules in might, provides goodness and love, gives life, and
enlightens our understanding. For in him is my hope and my salavation,
through him all things are possible.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives