Search the devotional

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A mother's love

A mother's love
“And when she could no longer hide him, she took for him an ark of
bulrushes, and daubed it with slime and with pitch, and put the child
therein; and she laid it in the flags by the river’s brink.”
In the same manner that Moses brought redemption to his own mother and
an entire nation, so each mother has the same responsibility in the
raising of their children…so that they too might bring about
redemption to others…if they continue in faith, love, and sobriety.  A
mother’s faith and influence is a very important part in the
redemptive process of our Great God and Savior. Though Christ is our
ultimate redemption, a mother’s love & faith may be the instrument that God
uses to deliver a nation.


Matthew 15:21-28

21 Then Jesus went out from there and departed to the region of Tyre
and Sidon. 22 And behold, a woman of Canaan came from that region and
cried out to Him, saying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! My
daughter is severely demon-possessed.”
23 But He answered her not a word.
And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, “Send her away, for she
cries out after us.”
24 But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep
of the house of Israel.”
25 Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, help me!”
26 But He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children’s
bread and throw it to the little dogs.”
27 And she said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs
which fall from their masters’ table.”
28 Then Jesus answered and said to her, “O woman, great is your faith!
Let it be to you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed from that
very hour.


A mother's love

Where would I be without my mother's love? I do not know and thank God, I had it.
My children are blessed not only to live where they do but most of all to have a
Godly mother who not only loves the Lord but also loves her children and desires
only the best for them.  As a retired dad I see my children future
different than my wife but her concern always is that they are safe and well.


Today my son Yordon and I, were at the beach and we were climbing a tree as I
encouraged him to climb higher and higher and higher, my lovely wife
saw our son and for her the only concern was his safety.   I felt  he was okay.
 But as a mother she worried that some harm might befall him, once I became aware of her concern I asked my son to climb down.
A mother love for their children does not change, regardless of what age you may be your mother's love will not stop or change she will always be concerned for your well being and love you with her every fiber of her being.
A mother's love

As I sat and watched the Passion with my wife and children, They Producer's tried to showed
the great stress and pain that Mary had to endure to see her beloved
son, being beaten and about to be hung for having done nothing but tell
the truth.  Her heart was broken she was undone.  Imagine  she would have done
anything to take away her baby's pain.  I think of the song  "Mary did you know"

The writer asked the question Mary did you know?
 Mary, did you know
that your baby boy will one day walk on water?

Mary, did you know

that your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?

Did you know,

that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered,
will soon deliver you.

Mary, did you know

that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?

Mary, did you know

your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?

Did you know,

that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
When you kiss your little baby,
you've kissed the face of God.

The blind will see

The deaf will hear
The dead will live again.
The lame will leap
The dumb will speak
The praises of The Lamb.

Mary, did you know

that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?

Mary, did you know

that your baby boy will one day rule the nations?

Did you know,

that your baby boy is heaven's perfect lamb?
This sleeping child you're holding, is the great I AM.


My rebuttal   is do you think Mary cared at that moment about the sins of the world?
I'm sure of one thing at the time Mary saw her baby hanging on that old rugged cross
she was not pondering  how he would change the plight of the world but that her son
was suffering and there was nothing she could do.   Christ was pierced through
the heart and so was Mary.

Happy Mother's day to each mother, fellows make sure you let your
mother or your wife, know just how much she means to you, not just in words but
let your actions speak of your love for her.  God bless you and may the Lord keep you.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives