Search the devotional

Monday, May 17, 2010

Love one another (Part 1)

John 13:
34A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
 35By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.



Above all else we need to have love.
We must show love to the world, just as we did not know love to God showed it to us.
We must be a light unto the world which lives in darkness.

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

1 Corinthians 13: (The love the chapter)

 1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
 2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
 3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
 4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
 5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
 6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
 7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
 8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Love is God and God is love, for we know that God loves his creation so much that he gave his only begotten son for you and I.  When you and I were yet enemies to the Lord, he showed us through the action of  giving his son in our place to pay the sin debt.

Tell me how many people know you to be a Christian? How many know this by the love that they have seen from you at the work place?
How many of your neighbors, friends and family would say that they have seen this love in you?
Have you taken that light which Christ has given you , and hide it under a bed, or placed in the window
for those are lost might see that light and come out of the darkness into the marvelous light.

Oh Lord I pray that you will teach me to love on a greater level. As I endeavor to learn of love and share
what you give  to me. Each day I pray that I will learn to die to my flesh and live for you and show the love of Christ to all that I encounter.  let each of us Let your love shine brightly from us.

Lord pour out a cup over flowing with love upon your servants that we might fill the cups around us that are empty.

I pray that each of you that ready this will be blessed but most of all will desire to be filled with the love of Christ

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives