Search the devotional

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Stop Struggling

 Then the angel who talked with me answered and said to me, “Do you not know what these are?” And I said, “No, my lord.” So he answered and said to me: “This is the word of the Lord to tZerubbabel: t‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the Lord of hosts (Zechariah 4:5-6).
This verse shows that Gods power alone is sufficient to preserve his Church, even though he does not use mans help to do it. God himself says he searched the heavens to see if there was someone greater than himself and found no one it tells us in Genesis 22:16-17.
 When you and I became followers of Christ we daily and sometimes hourly strive to not give sin a foothold in our lives, what I discovered was that It was not by my strength alone that I could resist sin or over come it. I must daily and sometimes minute by minute seek the face of God and be on my face praying and crying out to the Lord for his help.  The non believer has very little to no regard for the values of an unseen and unheard deity, so if you think your old friends, family and co-workers are going to be all you need to get through this world good luck with that. It is God and God alone, in that might night when my PTSD is in full effect and my wife and friends are all resting quietly, its God and God all by himself that is there and him alone that gets me through the.

I had a weed that had taken deep root right next to my front door and I had tried on a couple of occasions to pull it out of the ground with my bare hands with no success, then Larry my brother in Christ came along and pull the weed out of the ground with one hand and broke into many pieces with no effort. When you come that weed in your life, no you can't go to Larry. Go to Jesus for he is able to get you through it, whether it be a loss of a job or the loss of a love one etc... Remember this ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the Lord of hosts. There is no need for you to struggle just give it to Jesus, he got you so relax and let him do what the lord of universe does best.


.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives