Search the devotional

Monday, October 22, 2012

Does Love make the world go round


Last month I shared this word of encouragement with some of you, but love is a thing from God and only through God can we truly learn how to love with a perfect love, which is His love, learn how to love your spouse, your children, your friends, your neighbors, your enemies, that right love those who hate you.  Do you truly know what love is? Based on the below verse how well do you know love????
.
1. If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and  
2.If I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 
3.If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 
5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 
10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 
11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:1-13).

Be content in the state you are in. If you are a single you need to be content as a single person and if you are married you need to be content as a married person. Understand this: no person is
going to ill those needs deep in you. It is all about God. That is who we need irst and foremost.  Wait on the Lord. Don’t be obsessed with finding a person. Focus your energy on seeking God. I
believe in His timing He will bring that right person to you. We want to be seeking irst the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all of these things will be added to us. Better to be
 happily single than unhappily married.  Living together is wrong. Not only do statistics show that living together hurts your chances of ever having a good marriage, quite simply and more importantly, it violates God’s law. It is a sin and God will not bless it.  There are advantages to being married and there are advantages to being single. Far too often,people feel the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, no matter which side they are standing on.  Look for someone who is more godly than you. The tendency in a relationship is that the stronger one gets pulled down to the level of the weaker. So ind someone you can look up to,someone you can admire  If a marriage is miserable, the fault is with the participants, not the institution. We make a big mistake when we think that marriage is going to solve all of our problem. Life is exactly what we make of it. True joy can only be found in the Lord. DO not look for a mate to feel that empty void inside of you, simple because that place belong to the Lord God. I was watching the movie Courageous for the 50th time in the scene where the father takes the daughter out to dinner and tells her how one day a young man will come and he wants that young man to love God more than anything cause if he loves God with all his heart and soul then he will truly be able to love her as God intended for her to be loved.  Have you put God first??? "Seek you first the kingdom of heaven  and all things will granted unto you" Myself I told God what I wanted, I didn't ask or wait to see what his desire for me was, perhaps many of you also didn't wait doesn't mean God can't take your present plight and turn into something beautiful married or single trust in the Lord and seek first his heart  and his desire for your life, not your desire for they can change more times than the waves of the sea toss back and forth.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives