Search the devotional

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

We battle not against flesh& blood (Oh men of God)

You know the scripture Ephesians 6:12, these words that Paul coined and phrased are true and must be understood by every man of God. That this is not a battle that will be won by your physical strength but instead it will be won with each man face down with tears and sweat and much prayer and crying out to the Lord both day and night. Aided I pray by both your spouse and your brothers  in Christ agreeing to stand in the gap and standing when you are not able to stand. To announce to  Lucifer "But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”  Joshua 24;15 he made a bold statement.  Its time oh men of God to make a bold statement for the Lord. Take up your arms and accept that you are a man at war against your flesh against the ruler of this world. The prize is your soul, and Lucifer wants it, even if you don't want your soul. He wants to destroy your marriage your spouse your children and you, even if you don't care about them or yourself. Lucifer cares enough to want to see what God has created destroyed and dismantled.   


Psalm 62

 We see the psalmist David crying and assured annocing that his faith and hope is in the Lord our God. Notice what he says in verse one.
 1 Truly my soul silently waits for God;
         From Him comes my salvation.
 2 He only is my rock and my salvation;
         He is my defense;
         I shall not be greatly moved.
       
 3 How long will you attack a man?
         You shall be slain, all of you,
         Like a leaning wall and a tottering fence.
 4 They only consult to cast him down from his high position;
         They delight in lies;
         They bless with their mouth,
         But they curse inwardly.  Selah
       
 5 My soul, wait silently for God alone,
         For my expectation is from Him.
 6 He only is my rock and my salvation;
         He is my defense;
         I shall not be moved.
 7 In God is my salvation and my glory;
         The rock of my strength,
         And my refuge, is in God.
       
 8 Trust in Him at all times, you people;
         Pour out your heart before Him;
         God is a refuge for us.  Selah



 In times of crisis we often utter these words: "Lord, do something!" It is totally against our nature as human beings to stand still and do nothing when we face perplexing trials. In fact, waiting patiently for God to act is probably the most difficult thing about the Christian walk. Even devoted believers panic when the Lord doesn't move according to their timetable.
We constantly give God deadlines and time limits. We cry, "Lord, when are you going to do something about this? How long will you take? If you don't act now, it will be too late!" But God is never too late. He always acts -- and not according to our schedule, but his.
Our God is always searching the earth for a people who will trust him in every crisis, trial and hopeless situation. Indeed, he often leads us into situations that are alarming, critical, difficult, in order to test us. He wants to see if we're willing to stand still and wait for him to bring supernatural deliverance.
The Bible states very clearly: "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way" (Psalm 37:23). The Hebrew word for "ordered" here means "prearranged, step by step, fixed, ordained by God."

 God would never lead us to the brink of a difficult situation only to abandon us. He wouldn't say, "Okay, I've directed you up to this point. Now you're on your own!"
No! God is absolutely faithful to his children, in every crisis. And he is always asking us, "Will you be one I've been searching for? Will you be one who won't panic -- who won't charge me with forsaking, abandoning and hurting my children? Will you stand still in your crisis, and lean on faith, trusting me to see you through?"   Well oh men of God will you be that one!!!!  for this battle is not won with flesh and blood but through prayers and supplication and trust and faith in the Lord your God.  For this battle is not yours to fight alone. It your wife's your brothers in fellowship, together in prayer God will give you the victory and you shall give him all the glory that is his.

Stand up oh men of God and say to the Lord here I'm, I shall wait upon you oh God as David did, I shall not fear what Lucifer attempts to do me, for my trust is in the Lord my God. He has not forsaken me, nor did he lead me into the valley of death and intend to leave me here.  Rejoice oh women of God for what God is about to do in your husband. But you must also be on bended knees with him knowing that the battle is for your marriage that Lucifer wants to destroy and through him doing that he would destroy your children you and your husband.  Send him a clear cut message that he is not welcome in your home, he can not have your marriage your husband or harm your family, because you are a servant of the living God.

  Oh men of God know this for it is true, we battle not  against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore  oh men of God take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
 

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives