Search the devotional

Tuesday, July 4, 2023

You Are Not An Orphan

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. (JOHN 14:18) You are not facing life all alone -- no matter how you feel. Jesus is with you. He promised to never forsake you. The father of lies loves to make us think we have no help, that God does not care us, and that we have no hope. True with Jesus I have no hope. Which is why my hope is in Christ alone. I know these words can be accepted in good times, but when the storms of life come do you find yourself saying." Why does God allow things to look so bleak? Why doesn't He help me sooner?" God desires faith and trust from us. Without testing times we would have no opportunity to show our faith. Without obstacles we would have nothing to overcome. We must always remember that God is raising a family, preparing us for eternity with Him. It can be a great error to judge everything by "the bottom line" today. We must trust our Father God, because only He really knows what the "true bottom line" is. And we can trust Him, because He is good and trustworthy. Its funny because this word is one for myself. I got to work one night and discovered that one of my boss sent me a email saying stop by and see me. I found myself saying what did I do wrong now! I found that since I suffered my depression that I'm always doubting myself and feeling like that things are my fault. Or that is it is just a matter of time before I get into trouble again for something. I realized something as I put some thoughts together, though the devil wants me to believe I'm alone and forsaken and not loved but I realize that, I'm not alone. Granted that doesn't always help when your hungry or without a job or a place to live, or your child is dieing or spouse left you. At those moments you want God to wrap his arms around you to say He loves you. Did you know that sometimes we can be the hands and feet that reach out and hold another. We can extend ourselves and allow God's love to shine through us.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives