Search the devotional

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Let the gospel become more than words uttered

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (Matthew 28:18-20) God didn't expect or want us all to be Theologians like Paul of Tarus or Pastor Phil or other well know men of God. Sharing the great commission is to share the Good news, that our debt was paid in full but can't be credited to your account to you accept the gift. The great commission does say you have to stand on street corner and shout bible scripture not everyone is called to be a John the Baptist, Andrew went about everywhere telling everyone who would listen about a man who could save anybody. Not everyone in the room shall be a planter, some shall be weed pullers, plowers, others spreading fertilizer some shall simply water and others shall reap the harvest. But God has work for all of the body. If you would wait and listen for him to call your name and be willing to answer the call like Samuel. For me I didn't want to be a Pastor because what I saw growing up in a Christian family was went church to sing in the choir teach, and we sat and listen to some stuffy old pastor. I told God no when my Aunt told me at 6 I would preach I told him no at 13 I told him no again at 21, I told him yes August 25, 1992 in San Diego because I was tired of running, I decide no longer to allow my trepidation of what God might ask of me. Guess what guys he never asked me travel to Africa the military did, But never did I've never had to travel to any foreign countries unless you count Seattle and Bremerton they are both strange places. I answered the call, the great commission does mean he calling you to preach or teach, my sister Leti great commission was serve breakfast a ministry of hospitality both her and my wife were called to that ministry, Jason was called to preach, others may be called to sing, to pray for others, to be a comforter or a good will ambassador. Brothers and sisters, what are you trepidated of today that keeps you from saying, " here am I Lord" what would you have me do for your kingdom sake. I'm going to wrap this up I want to ask you one question, where would you be if someone had not answered God call and came and told you the"Good News"? Would you be dead, in jail, addicted, me I'm sure one thing I would be a child of God, my spiritual mother Irene Gonzalez and my spiritual Father showed me the love of Christ and made God real by the love they showed me and others. Now who in your home, work, neighborhood could you show the love of Christ and make God more than word or book that most people are just a bunch of out dated stories. The great commission is given to the believers, if your not a believer then this is not for you to do. I don't know you hearts but if any of you be followers of Christ then Jesus has work for you to do while it is still day for the world daily grows more cold and dark. Be the light of the world and share the good news you might say how a smile, a God bless you to a clerk, or co-worker, maybe you bring in treat or make sure the coffee pot is filled and ready to start, maybe its a kind word, to assist your neighbor when you he/she is struggling.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives