Search the devotional

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)
 
The peace of Christ is not the peace of the world. If history is any criterion, the search for world peace always will be futile, for there have been wars going on somewhere in the world practically every day throughout history.
 
But even if the world’s leaders could bring peace to the world, it would not be true peace. "My peace," said Jesus, "is not as the world giveth." Peace is internal, not external. So if your seeking peace on earth you have a better chance at getting the planet earth to stop rotating.  Perfect peace can only be found in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives