Search the devotional

Saturday, January 14, 2012

And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:2-3)
 
Many adult Christians  find it hard to understand! They must become like little children before they can really comprehend the way of salvation and be converted. Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein, there is no ambiguity in that statement.  As a child I did not question the instructions of my earthly father I accepted and did what I was told. I trust his words to be true, though I did not always understand his actions or decision he was father. Now how much more am I  to trust our heavenly Father who is perfect my earthly father made mistakes. But God almighty does not. SO put your whole trust in him, not treasures that can be stolen away or rust. I asked my daughter once if she trusted me and she replied yes daddy so I asked her to jump and I would catch her and she did and by God's grace I caught and she was safe. Our father in heaven wants us to have that kind of blind trust that a child has for his/her parent. Jesus compared himself to a mother hen and us to the baby chicks and said how he would love to gather us under his wing and keep us safe but how could he when we do not believe or trust him.


Aren't you tired of trying it your way?  Want you come back home to your first love ? Want you return home to your father's loving arms? He has been waiting for you son/daughter to come home  submit to his perfect will and trust him with your very all. After all you trust that when you sit down  in that chair will support your weight, that your car will stop once you engage the brake.  He died for you, and all he asked is for you to trust him and believe in him.
 

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives