Search the devotional

Monday, August 29, 2011

Isaiah 12:2

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation." (Isaiah 12:2)
The English name, usually written "Lord" in the English Bibles, stems from the Hebrew word Yahweh, the meaning of which cannot be fully put into words. Although scholars differ some arguec there is no real meaning to the word at all, the consensus is that it seems to be a compound of the three tenses of the Hebrew verb "to be," implying the ever living nature of God to which Christ was referring when He said, "I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty". For God is define by many as love the perfect love and that God is a judge anad other that God is simply an identifier not his name but simply stating what he is.  What I know without a shadow of a doubt is simply this. Without him, I'm  nothing, with the blood at Calvary I would be damned. Yet his love for a sinner let me is what saved me. So my heavenly Father is not only my Salvation but my redeemer.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives