Search the devotional

Thursday, August 11, 2011

2 Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14).
And God did hearken as He had promised long ago: "
Nehemiah had such a great burden for his nation that, although he himself had not been guilty of their sins, he was willing to confess their sins as his own, if God would only restore them to the Promised Land.
Ezra also felt the same way. "I am ashamed and blush to lift up my face to thee, my God: for our iniquities are increased over our head, and our trespass is grown up unto the heavens" . Daniel had also prayed for his people, identifying himself with their sins. "We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly. . . . O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name".What a loving Father we have that even after we turn from him and chase after sin, if we but turn from sin and seek his face he is quick to forgive us. Perfect love, is what our Father is and has for each of us. Could you welcome back into your home the murder of your children and wife? Could you say all is forgive let us sit and eat together and have no hate or desire no harm come to that man? Yes well we were once the enemy of God's and yet he sent his only begotten son down from Glory so that we might be able to reconcile to him.  Have you reconciled your sin with the Father today, I do not know about you but daily do I sin and daily must go before the Father and ask forgiveness and strength to become the man he desires me to be. Call on him any time he is there he will hear you, for he promised never to leave you nor forsake you.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives