Search the devotional

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

There is only 1

Just last night I was up at 2 am which most of you know that is my normal hours, as I was flicking through channels I came across the Religion and one of the speakers were explaining that black could not enter into heaven until they went through a transformation of skin color. They would have to look like the white race all races would have to become white before entering into heaven. Now I do consider myself, to be somewhat intelligent, but no where in my studies did I read or see that there was one race and only the white race would enter into heaven. 
What does the bible say about race?  What about the origin of races? One searches the Bible in vain for this information, for neither the word nor the concept of "race" appears in the Bible at all! There is no such thing as a race--except the human race! Skin color and other supposed racial characteristics are mere recombinations of innate genetic factors, originally created in Adam and Eve to permit development of different family characteristics as the human race was commanded to multiply and fill the earth (Genesis 1:28;  Genesis 9:1).
 
"Race" is strictly an evolutionary concept used by Darwin, Huxley, Haeckel, and the other nineteenth-century evolutionists to rationalize their white racism. But from the beginning it was not so! "God that made the world and all things therein; . . . hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth". "Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother?". Bottom line is we are one body one race one family. If you serve the Lord God then you are my brother or sister. My best friend Don likes to say, your going to spend eternity with me so you might as well start to love me now cause your going to have live with me forever and ever. One Family,for we are children of the living God.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives