Search the devotional

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Acts 20:24

 "But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God." (Acts 20:24)

Some believers are tempted to give up on their faith in God whenever the least thing seems to go wrong in their lives. The apostle Paul suffered many things: beatings, stoning, and shipwreck -- yet he called them "light afflictions."  Hmm light afflictions being stoned and bitten by a viper light afflictions, this a man who knew whom he served and where he was going. Here is a man that did not look for fortune here in this world, nor did he consider this world his home. Where is your home?  Where are you storing up timber??? If this life was all there was, this would not be a wise way to live. But there is a life in heaven and a future world. We would be foolish to live as if this life is all there is.

So we should not forget eternity and focus only on the present. We must hold on to our faith in God, no matter how things seem to be going at the present. Because of our limited understanding, our ability to evaluate things accurately is limited. Our wonderful Lord Jesus can be trusted. He loved us enough to die in our stead, so we could go free. Why would He lie to us? We must be determined not to be moved by things our enemy does to get us off our faith in God's Word.


 Please keep my brother Matthew in prayer and my brother Mike also in prayer. Also pray for us on the 31st as the body steps out on faith and prepares a meal and serves and ministers to those that do not have a physical address. Sometimes most of us forget that we are just one pay check away from being homeless. It is by his grace and mercy. When my decided to get get the kids a Play station 3  last year, the kids thanks me, but I reminded them that everything that their earthly parents have is because of their Heavenly Father.  Let us count it all as glory whether God says yes to our desires or no. For sometimes His know is his ways of saying I love you to much to see this thing that you want hurt you.

Even after all that Job lost he still believe in the Father, we loose a lot less and feel like our Father is punishing us or has forgotten us, He knows you by name and loves so dearly that he gave his only begotten son as a witness of his great love for us.  So tell me what is that we can suffer in this world that could be greater than the rewards of spending eternity with God. The book of Revelations reminds us that their will be no more dieting there!!!! Did you hear me , okay did you read that, since you can't really hear me, unless your Yordon, Yeshua or Elizabeth or Dee or Don then can have heard me say this before. But to be serious for a moment if I might, There is much suffering that we must endure in this world, but we are told a time will come when there will be no more pain.  That our Father will wipe away ever tear.  I can't wait for that day, but for now I must strive to continue on in this race and not be distracted for I must continue my march forward never looking to the sides or behind me. But focused on the goal at hand.  Well done my true and faithful servant, that is my goal to hear those words from my Heavenly Father, nothing else matters.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives