Search the devotional

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Prayer is for us all

God bless you, it is my hope and prayer that this word will find you well and filled with the joy of the Lord. If  not then bring your issues your trials your storms and tribulations to the feet of Christ.  Through prayer is how that is achieved, perhaps you feel you don't have enough time to pray, or that you don't know what to say, or maybe your one who feels why should I pray?  Guess what even Christ prayed to the Father, after all prayer is simply us speaking to our Father. I being a father I know I'm happy when my child speaks to me. Example my eldest daughter Megan is in college this year "I'm very proud" but to my point. She calls normally to only speak to her mother, yesterday she called and talked to me, we talked about her job her classes and her needs.  I listen to every word my daughter had to say with joy in my heart that she would want to talk to me. I was so over joy as our Father is also over joyed when we speak to him.


 So He Himself often withdrew into the wilderness and prayed. (Luke 5:16)

Jesus prayed and He is our example. If  Jesus felt prayer was necessary, how much more so for us?


Jesus obviously impressed His disciples with His prayer life, and the importance of prayer. They asked Him to teach them to pray -- the only thing recorded that they ever asked Jesus to teach them.


 And it came to pass, as He was praying in a certain place, when He ceased, that one of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples." (Luke 11:1)

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives