Search the devotional

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I must rejoice and give thanks even in the middle of my storm

I  contemplated that this indeed was the perfect time for this message, and its more for me than for any of you, as I'm endeavoring in a plight that  cuts to very core of my being. For those of you that have been praying thank you for the prayers my wife and I really need them right now more than you can ever know.



Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.  (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

I had the pleasure to attend the Harvest Crusade here in Seattle this weekend with a couple of men who are homeless but dear to my heart.  As I know they are also dear to my heavenly Father's heart. Greg spoke about his lost and how people told him things like what does not kill you only makes you stronger. Or aren't you done grieving for the lost of your son?    I remember when I lost my father though like Greg I knew where my father was, it did not lession the pain.  I did have comfort in the fact I knew one day, I  would see him again.  God does not let us go through this for now reason. Like Job many of us will never know the why or the reason, but we are to be like Job and trust in the Lord our God.  Yes it hards when its your children or your spouse or the loss of job or home, it does not mean you have sinned it does not mean God is angry at you.  It means for you and I its that time were we must trust God more than ever.  Trust him to care for us to protect and provide for us, as men that is often times very hard for us to trust in that which we can not see or touch.  That is the faith factor many of our sisters in Christ have that, my blessed wife is one of those women. Who will say to me in a heart beat "Willis Henry have a little faith"


See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. Our nature is to defend ourself and want to trade evil for evil, your spouse cheated on you so you want to hurt them also. But God's word tell us that everything  that happens in our life, our heavenly Father will work it out for our good and will bring glory to His name.

Right now its hard for me to see that, cause I'm in the storm, When trials and tribulation come our way and trust me they will come, for our enemy the devil does not want us to prosper but in fact to loose all hope and all faith in our Heavenly Father. Let each of us rejoice for the Lord God will show himself strong were we are weak.  This is also a chance for the Body to be used and bring honor to the Father. When  members of the body are going through storms it is us who should be standing in the gape for them. both in prayer and in deeds. For we bring honor to God and we reflect that perfect  agape love.  

I'm not going to deceieve you and say the storm want hurt, that your faith want give out on you. Its okay if that happen. We all have questioned our faith if you haven't you will, just never loose faith in God.

I want to thank the body for all of its  support  you have given my lovely wife and children and also the support you have given the ministry. Thank for reflecting the love of Christ to my family.  Thank each of you for your prayers and the many different offers to assist us through our time of need. Let us rejoice and give thanks that God uses us to bless others.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives