Search the devotional

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Comfort me

My soul fainteth for thy salvation: but I hope in thy word. Mine eyes fail for thy word, saying, When wilt thou comfort me?" (Psalm 119:81-82)
 
Those who "love the LORD" with all their heart, soul, and might  and those seek the kingdom of God  deeply long to "understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God" Yet in spite of such longing, the saints of God are often perplexed by the apparent success of the wicked.  Among all the heartfelt complaints, however, is the continual reliance on the promises and principles of God's Word. He promised not to forget the statutes, though he felt invisible to God . And though he knew that his days are not guaranteed, he expected God judge the wicked . He knew the "commandments are faithful," and he promised the Lord that he would not forsake the precepts.
 The final request should be ours as well: "Quicken me (enliven, revive) after thy lovingkindness" . Even though God "hast shewed me great and sore troubles," the confidence is that God "shalt quicken me again". On the basis of that assurance, our response should be like this godly man's: "So shall I keep the testimony of thy mouth".

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives