Search the devotional

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Genesis 2:24

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to (to cling, stick, stay close, cleave, keep close, stick to, stick with, follow closely, join to, overtake, catch) his wife, and they will become one flesh. (Genesis 2:24)


Brothers are we really one flesh with our wives?  When we are hurting do we go to them and ask them to pray for us?  Or are we to strong to let our wives know that we have need of them to pray and encourage us. Not just that we need them or desire them sexually or to clean or cook. But that we need that helpmate, do not be a fool God placing you with your wife was for a reason, He knew ahead of time what your needs would be and the storms that would come your way.


Brothers as we desire to fix things for our wives and be their strong man, she desires to be also there for you to encourage you to feel wanted and needed. Otherwise she might begin to feel unequally yoked with you. We are not islands unto ourselves. God knows I wish I did not need my wife, but I need her more than she could ever know.  She is often my rock, she is the daughter of the king.  If a man treated your daughter the way you treat God's daughter, I think you would want to take that guy out back and introduce him to an good old fashion beat down.  Yet God does not do that to us.  I know that fear by letting her see you cry or letting her see that your trepidated that she will no longer love you, I believe I can speak for my sister's in Christ when I say that is a lie they would love you even more.  If any of you ladies would care to respond that would be great to hear from you, please feel free to correct me, if my thinking is incorrect.




Lord God I come to you, just a simple man, who desires to be a better man, a better husband, a better father. The only way for that to happen is to put on your perfect love for those that you have given me to love and care for. For I'm no a island unto myself, through you I can do all things, so dear Lord create in me a clean heart and let my love be pure that I have for my wife.  Lord thank you for providing us foolish men with good loving Christian wives who love and care for us beyond measure.


Thank you Father for all that you have given to us, may we bring honor to you through our marriages.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives