Search the devotional

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Where will you spend eternity???

If God were to appear to you and offer  you some Fatherly advice, concerning your walk with Him. What pray tell do you think he would say?

 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. (Matthew 25:30-47)

On that day it is to late to decide which master you serve, for we see in (Luke 16:13) Christ warns us about this fact and how it will not go well for any man who attempts to serve both God and his flesh.  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. (John 8:44)


Paul referred to himself as bondservant of the Lord, because he saw his only and whole purpose for being here was to do the perfect will of the Lord our God.  What about you???
God is not asking you to sell everything you own and track to some small village in Africa, he might be but not that likely. What he is asking is that we be a living breathing reflection of him to all that we meet.  Stop pondering who to give to and who not too. Trust in the Lord our God with all your heart and soul, for whatever things we do let it be done unto the Lord as if it were him you were doing it for.
For there is only one side we desire to be found on, which is the side where Christ says " well done my true and faithful servant", for then you know that race is won and your journey has ended.  ITs Time!!!          Its now that you decided where you will spend eternity, so which do you choose???

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives