Search the devotional

Thursday, April 8, 2010

He gave us Mercy instead

A young man approached me after church and said Pastor, I did what you said about praying.
I've been waiting on the Lord to heal my mother for a year now.  Why want he give me what I deserve.

I smiled and said I'm thankful each day that the Lord our God does not give me what I deserve.  For the price for my sins would be death.  What we deserve is not what God has given us instead he has given us mercy.
Do you really want what you deserve? Maybe you should first
find out what you really deserve.

 The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger,
abounding in love.
 He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger
forever;
 he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us
according to our iniquities.

Thank God that I don't get what I deserve! People clamoring to
get what they deserve are really in the dark.

God is the judge and He declares that we have all fallen short
-- none of us deserves good. But the wonderful news is that God
loves us so much that He is not giving us what we deserve. But
it doesn't stop there. It gets better. Believers are actually
going to receive what Jesus deserves!

Jesus took what we deserved -- punishment. And now, because of
His great love, offers us what He deserves -- freely as a gift
of love. We been   restored back to our Father to sit with Christ as heirs.

Funny that instead of what we should have gotten we got mercy which 
gave us a blessing instead of death for which we rightful deserve it.


 

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives