Search the devotional

Monday, December 2, 2013

Do you have love for those who hated you like Jesus did



 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. 36 Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful (Luke 6:35-36).

If you call yourself a Christian know this your heavenly father loves the sinner, but not his/her sins. If God can let it rain on the saved and the unsaved then should we not also show love. Now if your flesh this is an impossible request of us. Which is why daily we must be in the word and praying daily for us to die more to self and become more of Christ and less of Wills for I'm from my birth a sinner saved by grace, which is the number reason why I must have grace and mercy for others because Jesus showed me grace and mercy instead of what I deserved which was hell. While we were yet Jesus enemy He came down and showed us the greatest love ever he died for us.  I'm also reminded that if I do not show those who harmed me mercy and forgive them, how then can I ask God for the same.

If God is love and we are the children of a loving Father should we not also demonstrate love also???


No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives