Search the devotional

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Romans 5:8

Is it love or something else, psychologist say love simply a chemical reaction to outside stimuli.

What many think of as love is really just a form of selfishness  not pure love. It can be identified by thinking like this:
I love you because of the way you make me feel.
I love you because of what you do for me.
I love you because of how you make me look.
I love you because of what I can get from you.

True love is instead marked by thinking like this:
I love you because you are valuable and precious.
I love you because I want the best for you.

"selfish love" is not of God, the word of God tell us that God is love, and his love is no where close to be selfish after all in the book of John we hear about how great God's love was for you and I that he gave his only begotten son to save the same people who hated God and were enemies of God.  Not a selfish love but a selfless love. Selfish love is not pure love. It is not the highest form of love. It is immature, like a baby would love his mother. We are supposed to grow past this kind of love to experience true, pure love --
which is completely unselfish. It seeks the best for the other person, not because of what they can do for you, but because of what you can do for them,  remember Jesus said unto the lest of these  have you shown love you have also shown me love because they are valuable and precious to God. A human giving their life to the point of death has to be completely unselfish. It cannot be motivated by any benefit they would receive. So the more unselfish love is, the greater, purer, and more mature it is.


 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8).

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives