Search the devotional

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Be doers of the Word


Spiritual growth is similar to physical growth. Time, food, and activity are the requirements. God's Word provides our spiritual food.  A full supply of nutritious spiritual food is the main requirement for spiritual growth. But spiritual activity is also required for you to grow strong, instead of just growing fat.  Acting on God's Word is spiritual activity. Some examples are speaking God's Word, praying, praising God, being thankful,walking in love, and trusting God. Speaking God's Word is vital for spiritual growth. You must
personalize and internalize what God said about you. Then you will begin to think, see, and act in line with God's Word. This process is Bible meditation. Remember that growth is a process so don't become discouraged if you don't have abundant spiritual fruit immediately. Just keep feeding on God's Word and it will produce the fruit of growth.  When you grow spiritually, you will grow in faith and love. Lord God I want to bare good fruit that will glorify you, I want my life to speak of you, may the life I live speak of you. May your perfect love be reflected in how I love my wife and children and all that you place into my life. Let not my word speak of you but my actions would overflow with your love.


 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.  For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; (James 1:22-23).


No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives