Search the devotional

Tuesday, February 21, 2012



Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation (Psalm 27:9).

While I was yet a sinner playing church I use to read certain Psalm, I would always leave the parts out about my iniquity. I knew that like David I wanted to Lord to fix whatever issue I had as young teenager or young adult had gotten myself into.  Funny back then I only called on God when I was in trouble. Now I love to praise his name there is no sweeter sound than praising his name.

The good new is Christ will not forsake you, He died on the cross that we might be reunited to him. He paid the debtors price for us and because of that He will be with us until we take our final breathe here on earth.  We must rejoice even when  life's little messes cause with out the mess, many pastors would have a message. Without the test there could be on testimony of what God has brought you through. So I say again rejoice brothers/sisters the father has sit us at his right hand side while he makes our enemies our footstool.  Stand still and watch God do what he does best, he will work this out for the good of those that love and serve him. We need not worry about the Father forsaking us, redeemed a sinner like me, not to punish me but to offer me eternal life. The Father does not delight in our suffering, our Father like any Father has great faith in us.  Don't believe me? Let check another scripture if you will:  
 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil (Job 1:8)?  The Father believe in Job and knew Job's heart, for he searches the hearts of mankind. I've told my 5 kids that no matter how old or how far they go I will still love them and will always be ready and willing to listen to them about whatever their plight might be. How much more so will our Heavenly Father do this for each of us. Since he is love and we know that He loves us who hated him, his love is so great He ask his son to step down from glory and suffer much for our sake to become sin when Christ knew no sin.

As the Psalms can be a source of encouragement let not your hearts be trouble for the Father  holds us in the palm of his hand. He love you and wants only good things for you. 

Lord God I thank for in times of trouble it has been you that got me through, I want to praise you in the good times and bad times. I want praise to your name for you are worthy. I rejoice knowing that love me and will put me away for my sin has been washed away by the blood of the lamb. To him I owe all.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives