Search the devotional

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. (John 5:24)

More than twice as many scriptures refer to eternal life as a present possession, than as a future possession.
There is only one way to get eternal life. When we are  born again by receiving Christ as our Lord and Savior,  the gift of eternal life is imparted to each of us.

 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.  Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. (1John 3:14-15)

From this passage, we see that eternal life is a present-tense possession which changes the nature of a person: turning them into someone who cares for others. Who learns to be last instead of always seeking to be first. For the truth joy of life is the giving to another. Christ gave his life for a sinner like me, so for me to give of my Time, my Talent and tides, 

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives