Search the devotional

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I bet you think God has forgotten about you

Many of us as we  look back over our past we find mistakes and painful advents that took place in our lives, often times we base our present existence on those actions.  There are many among you that carry scars that have never healed. Many among are viewing their present plight and as hard as you have endeavored you seemly have not been able to overcome.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

The story of Joseph being sold into slavery by his brothers. I'm sure it didn't look to Joseph
that God cared or even remembered him at this point, for now he was a slave taken from his Father his land and his family, where was his God in all this?  Was God again an absent Father? Surely Joseph cried out many nights to the Lord to return him back to his father, but God did not answer him.
Joseph surely thought what many of us have, "Why did you let this happen to me, God?" No doubt things looked clearer to Joseph later on when he was ruling Egypt and was able to save his entire family from starvation. (Genesis 45-50) Often life may seem confusing and out-of-control. But don't
despair. God has a plan for you which He is working out. If you could only see the end He has in mind for you, it might not seem that what is going on in your life is going to work out for your good and the glory of God but it will. Hold on, don't give up don't give into the lies of the devil.  I have found myself many times  under his attack in my finances my health etc.., All with the intent to get me to loose faith and take my eyes off of Christ. Without some rain how could you truly appreciate the sun shine. I know for many of you, it more like a flash flood than just some rain. Hold on to God's unchanging hand for he has not forgotten you, know that you are not a mistake nor have you been forsaken, cry out to him oh Sons of God, cry out to him oh daughters of the Most High.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives