Search the devotional

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

To be a Christian ?




20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. (1 John 4:20-21)

True Christianity requires us to be Christ-like. Jesus says we are to love as He loves us. Love is not a feeling but a decision to put the needs of someone else's first. That is what Jesus did at Calvary for you and me.

If I call myself a follower of Christ and abuse my neighbor, my spouse my children or deal with my customer wrongly, where is the love of Christ in that? How shall I introduce them to Christ when Christ is obviously not in me.

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 
(1 Corinthians 13:1-8)



The only way for the world to see God is through you and me by showing them something they do know or see much of in this world which is pure love with no catches or if and buts, just God's true love


8 Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandments, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. (

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. (Romans 13:8-10)


Jesus demonstrated love for us.     Long before we knew what love was. The Bible tells us there is no greater love than a man to lay down his life for another. In our case, it was a sinner like me that Jesus paid the price for a crime He didn't commit. Justice demand my life but grace and mercy and the love of Christ said oh no I will pay the price for Willis not because I was worthy but because Christ loved me, He died for me, and because Christ I live also. To be a follower of Christ mean to me to Love even those who hate me and persecute me, after all, they hated Jesus first and put him to death. For my sins for He was innocent, but guilty of loving a sinful creature like me.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals