Search the devotional

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Jesus...When are You going to return? Or.....Geeez God...What's takin' You sooo long?!?


Jesus...When are You going to return? or.....Geeez God...What's takin' You sooo long?!?
Saturday, October 12, 2013

Scriptures to read: 2 Peter 3:9, Ezekiel 33:11, 2 Peter 3:10 – 13

Talking with a fellow brother in Christ last week, he and I both believe that the Lord's return is near. The world seems to be getting further from God.

Should we look forward to our Lord's return? Yes, I believe that we should.
But as for the tribulation and judgement that God will bring on the Earth.....
Is this something that God looks forward to? Does He (God) long to bring wrath and destruction on the Earth? Will it be the “high point of His day?”

I don't believe so. Peter says that the Lord is longsuffering toward us and that He (Jesus) doesn't want anyone to perish but wants all to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and repent (turn from their sins and turn to Jesus).
Ezekiel says that God doesn't take pleasure in the death of the wicked.

As I sat in my car the other night after a bible study, I thought longingly about the return of Jesus. But I began to think about what it would be like during the tribulation....the suffering and death. And I thought about people that I knew who do not know Jesus...they are not following Him. Co-workers, their spouses and children, some of my family members who aren't christians. I began to weep.

So, as we are anticipating our Lord's return, we should seek to be about His business. Praying for those who we have doubts about. He (Jesus) doesn't want our co-workers, family members and friends to perish. He wants them to have eternal life also.
In Christ our Lord,

Don 

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals