Search the devotional

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Christ is better to us than we deserve

o you really want what we deserve? Maybe we should first find out what we really deserve.  PSALM 103:8-10  8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. 9 He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; 10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.  Thank God that I don't get what I deserve! People clamoring to get what they deserve are really in the dark.  God is the judge and He declares that we have all fallen short none of us deserves good. But the wonderful news is that God loves us so much that He is not giving us what we deserve. But it doesn't stop there. It gets better. Believers are actually going to receive what Christ deserves!  Christ took what we deserved -- punishment. And now, because of His great love, offers us what He deserves -- freely as a gift of love. Oh Lord God with all that I've done wrong, you still been 
better to me than I deserve to be treated. I'm thankful that you 
are in control instead of me. Lord God your love  was shown on the 
cross when you gave your son who knew no sin, pay the price for sinner
like me who deserve to die, but your grace and mercy paid the price for me.

Thank you Lord God for the love that is beyond understand.

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals