Search the devotional

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Have we become to Comfortable???

Tonight as I ponder the question, tugging at my heart and mind. Have we become so compliance that we no longer fight the good fight? A Christian the country was formed because of religious persecution. God brought the children of Israel out of captivity. History shows us that when a people is oppressed that they strive harder for freedom and they claw and fight for every inch of freedom. While the Jew, the Negro and the female all fought for the right to be accepted, all in their plight ragged against the night and those dark forces that hid their to destroy them and continue to oppress them. Men of color studies to prove themselves equal to the white male counter part. Women marched and were incarcerated for their right to vote. Jews were determine but whatever means possible to exist.


How then is that we as Christians today, sit back and quietly let the world around corrupt and destroy and make us hide in shame, yet it those that are unrighteous who should hide in fear. Why is it that it is cooler to be a sinner than to be saved??? So for What Christ died and came to complete so that you and I would be free for chains of hell that kept man kind bound. How many people know that you are a Christian??? Are you like the first Negro's who had to hide that they could read for fear of being beaten or killed??? Or shall we take the stand that American females did whey they decided that their measure and worth was greater than a second class citizen? Why is being a Christian in America like admitting that you have leprosy? Why is it easier to admit that you having a affair on our spouse than that you love God and believe in Christ as your personal savor.

Martin Luther and nailed a 95 page thesis to the door of the Catholic church because he saw that men were doing ungodly thing in the name of God. He was willing to die, rather than to allow this acts to continue unchecked. My God My God what has happen to your children? With Bibles on line, in audio form, and DVD version, no longer does it takes months to get a bible published but you can get a bible from Target. Why is that only in time of great suffering do we as Christian run toward God??? Should not this be a our time to speak openly without fear. Have we forgotten our forefathers who traveled here and many died just with the thought of being able to worship without fear being jailed or even losing your head for Christ. Who are your Children role models? Are you one because you stand up for God and they can see Christ in you? Or like David having to hide in the cave, who are you running from that as Christian that you would hide who are you are. Perhaps your just a fair weather Christian??? I love each of you deep but what has gone wrong with us, I tell my son that one day he will stand upon my shoulder to reach higher as I stood on my Fathers shoulder. Why as Christians after so many stood and fight the good fight so that we can let dust grow on our bible, so that we can tell God that we don't have time to pray tonight. Funny if the doctor told us that we had cancer, we would call upon God and ask him, he let this happen to us. Even Albert Einstein believed in God and learned Hebrew so that he could translate the bible. A man that is highly recognized in the scientific community, new the true. The way is so simple that even a fool the bible tells can find their way to heaven. What is wrong with you and I? No one is kicking in your door to drag you and your children outside for having a one scripture, not a whole bible or a whole page but a single scripture. None of us have had to hide because our lives or in danger because we teach the word of God. Its time you and I get up off our buts get back on our knees. Listen to co-worker who brought in his new rap album and its full of derogative statements toward women yet it cooler than praying or reading the world of God. Its okay to call a woman a whore, than to seek God. Why is easier to get crack rock than to right with God? Why have we become so comfortable in the place that is not even our home. If you are a child of God we are called to be Ambassadors of God to the people. Tell me they said they would arrest people who were a Christian would you join me in jail, or you tuck your head and hide? Shall be one who Christ spoke about who that were ashamed of him before man? If so remember what he said if we are ashamed of him before man he shall be ashamed of us before the Father. Tell what in this life is that your unwilling to let go, what is that is so much more important than living for Christ. Now if you can tell me that you have already stood for Christ and always told everyone you meet that you were a Christian. Then I salute you, because when I first got stationed here I walked in and sat down at my desk then put my bible on my desk and after people starting making negative comments I found my bible going from the top of my desk to inside to finally non existing at work. SO yes I have been ashamed of God, funny he has never been ashamed of me. He died for me. He simply ask that I proclaim his name and not hide my light under the bed, but I did. I would rather for him Christ than to live without him, for he loved me so much that he left his thrown and suffered greatly so that I could be called a child of God.

As I sit here I realize that many before us have suffered much to give us our freedoms I don't mean just to vote. But the right to praise God and be afraid to be beaten or killed for openly admitting I believe in Christ.

Are we to comfortable in our new skin???

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals