Search the devotional

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Are you truly apart of the body

If cried, would you really care??? If you were hungry would you come and tell me about it???
If you had no place to live would ask me if you and your family could stay at my house?
If the enemy was attaching you at 2am would you call me to ask me to stand with you through your storm?
If my eternal demons were beating me down would care to stay with till the storm past?
If I told you about a person you never meet but that they needed prayer, would you make a point of keeping them in prayer till God gave them a break through?
When Paul was in jail who went to visit him??? So why should I believe that anyone would come see about me?
The bible tells me that we are part of the body. How many time have you hurt your hand and thought why do I care I have another hand?
Hopeful never. Yet on Sunday we pledge to support our brothers and sisters and in Christ. Then when Church is over with we return to our lives and our issues. Like Cain and Abel we are each others issues. I find that over 99% of the time when God blesses me he uses other people to do it. Sadly most time they are not even Christians. How much should we expect from the body. But then again how much do we give to the body... I've seen marines who shot themselves in the foot to get out of Gulf. Now had I been near him I would have stopped him from hurting himself. But if you saw your brother or sister sinning, what would you do??? Rebuke them with love or just judge them and make them crawl deeper into their sin? I wish I could lie to all of you tell you that I don't need any of you to get through this life. But sadly that would be a lie. God put us all here to aid and be a blessing to each other. Are you ready and willing to be a blessing to someone else. Are you ready and willing to put your pain aside for a moment to be a blessing to someone that you really don't know that well?


1 CORINTHIANS 12:12
12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the
members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is
Christ.

Each individual believer IS also part of the Body of Christ,
which is composed of all believers.

(This is the work of God. Not something we "join.")

Think how insane it would be for you to allow your hand to
attack some other member of your body. It's just as crazy for
us, as members of the Body of Christ, to attack other members.

ROMANS 12:4-5 NKJ
4 For as we have many members in one body, but all the members
do not have the same function,
5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually
members of one another.

Other members have different callings -- different functions.
But your job is not to oppose them -- even though you may not
understand them, or why they do what they do. Just leave that
to the Head of the Body -- and do what He tells YOU to do.

You are not the Head of the Body of Christ -- Jesus is. He is
responsible for, and capable of, coordinating all we do so our
actions will accomplish His plan. Members of a body have
different functions, but all are necessary for the body to
function properly.

When you don't obey Jesus, the Head of the Body, you are a drag
on the rest of the members.

Think what a difficult time you would have accomplishing
anything if each member of your body did whatever it felt like
-- instead of obeying orders from your brain.

You might wander why does always talking about the same old things, love and support and unity? The same reason you wouldn't have a child and leave it in the woods for it survive on its on. For not one among us is self sufficient. Lord God it is my prayer that something in what has been said here will be a blessing or seed planted. God bless each of you and keep your focus on our Lord and God and remember to keep your brothers and sisters in prayer. I want you to be a blessing to someone that never thought about blessing before. See how beautiful it can be.
--
Dr. Willis Henry D.C.S
To thine own self be true

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals