Search the devotional

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Itching Ears or God's Word Hidden in our Hearts?


Itching Ears or God's Word Hidden in our Hearts?

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Scriptures: Psalm 119:10 – 12; II Timothy 4:1-5

In II Timothy 4:3–4, Paul warns of a trend that we will see.   It is a time when men and women will not endure sound doctrine, but instead will be drawn to teachers who teach fables (stories) and are not teaching doctrine.  He says that “they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.”

In Psalm 119:10 – 11, the Psalmist writes “With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!  Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.”

So, each of us (including myself) has a choice before us. We can choose to listen to the teachers who seem to be teaching fables and not teaching the word of God, or.....
Listen to the teachers who respect the word of God (see Psalm 119:160; II Timothy 3:16) and teach it in its entirety, fearing God and not man. And then, read, meditate and begin to hide God's word in our hearts so that we will be able to stand in our day of trials and temptations.

In Christ our Lord,

Don 

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals