Search the devotional

Sunday, April 29, 2012



"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." (3 John 4).

As  for me as a Christian parent, there is no greater joy than to know that my 5 children walk in the path of righteousness . Whether your a pastor, teacher, or pray warrior knows exactly how John felt. There is no greater joy to such mature believers than to know that their children--whether physical or spiritual children--are sound and growing in Christian faith and practice, understanding, and believing God's truth, obeying His truth, living the truth, walking in the truth. But there is great sadness when such a one begins to "turn away their ears from the truth"

Dear, Father grant us parents, teachers, Shepard, the words to speak into the lives of those we come into contact with, whether it be one of our children or the neighbor, or classmate, or a co-worker. That our joy would be multiplied in you for seeing one more soul come to the truth and accept you as their Lord and savior. Father uses these hands to do your labors, use these lips to bring truth into darkness and truth of your words are brighter than the sun. Grant us the legs to run the race and never quit or grow weary. May our raising and going down draw all men unto you that they might know the truth and be saved also.

When my son Yordon learned to swim, I was so excited, I begin to cry, with each accomplishment my children have made I find myself crying, tear of joy. God also as a Father knows the joy of seeing one of his children turn to him and accept the truth, that he is God and only through Jesus Christ are we saved.

And what is the truth? John's very first mention of truth was in relation to Jesus Christ, whose glory he had beheld in His incarnation as "full of grace and truth."
In fact, Christ Himself claimed, "I am the truth."  Then He also said, "Thy word is truth" . And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. To walk in the truth, bringing joy to the Father, is to believe on Christ, and then to trust and obey His word .

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives