Search the devotional

Monday, March 7, 2011


Supreme Court Wrong on Westboro
Radical Hate Group Allowed to Attack Troop's Funeral Services

It was a sad day for America as The Supreme court ruled that the hate filled, vile Westboro Baptist Protesters can continue to spew their vitriolic hatred towards our troops, inflicting unimaginable pain into the hearts of the families of the fallen.

I was devastated last as I read on my computer that the verdict had been returned and that they had ruled in favor of Westboro and against the Father of Matthew Snyder, a Marine who gave his life defending the very freedoms that the protesters continue to take advantage of and abuse. 


I began to shake, the tears streamed down my face and I felt sick to my stomach as I remembered my confrontation with the cruel, inhumane vileness of these protesters at the Memorial service of my son Marc Alan Lee, the first Navy SEAL killed in Iraq 8-2-06.


It's hard to believe that there could be people filled with so much hate who then pretend to be Christians on a mission for God. The Westboro Baptist protesters have so twisted and convoluted the scriptures and are nothing but a cult who have found a way to be constantly in the media. They will have a rude awakening when they die and find out just like the Muslim extremist that there isn't 72 of anything waiting for them in Heaven but will be turned away.

I remember when we received notification the week before Marc's service that the Westboro haters were coming. I was mortified, not only was I dealing with the death of my youngest son but now I was going to face protesters who were going to make a mockery of my son, my hero. How much more pain can a Mother endure?

After they protested at Marc's Memorial service they traveled to 3 other funerals of fallen heroes just that week. I was puzzled as to who would donate to allow them to fund their insanity and torture? I began to research them and found that there were 11 lawyers in the family. Fred Phelps himself had filed over 400 frivoulous lawsuits They raised their funding by suing those who when they incited them by their vile speech and actions, responded in their grief by attacking them for disgracing and dishonoring their loved one who had just died. These are our brave warriors who sacrificed their lives defending our country and the freedoms we enjoy each and everyday, including freedom of speech.

My question to the Supreme Court justices is what happened to "Hate speech"  which is described as "any speech, gesture or conduct, writing or display which is forbidden because it may incite violence. The wacko Westboro protesters were hoping at Marc's Memorial service  to incite people to violence. When they chanted at me that "I had failed my son" that "I sent my son to hell" that "I raised him to chose an occupation of murder" they hoped I would attack them. It seems that would be defamation of character as they attacked  me and my parenting skills.

They were hoping that with the flag cut in half, strapped to their ankles as they walked all over it that the Vets couldn't tolerate to see Old Glory desecrated and that they would attack them. I am not violent or aggressive but if the Patriot Guard riders hadn't been there that day to shelter  and protect me from their vitriolic speech in the midst of the deepest pain I have ever known in my life, I would have attacked them and I would have been sued and they would have won the case.

To hear Phelps daughter say that God had stood by them, giving them victory and now their voices will be louder and bolder, it sickens me!! To know more families of our fallen will have to endure their terrorism and torture,  that more of our heroes  who have sacrificed their lives will be humiliated and dishonored and  can't even be buried in peace is repulsive. Where is the justice??? Canada will not let the Westboro clan enter their country because of hate speech. They can get it right, why can't our Supreme Court understand.

As a nation we must stand and honor our fallen heroes and protect the families of the fallen from enduring the hatred and poison from these protesters. These families have given their very best for this country and we must stand up to this injustice. We must attend these funerals and be shields so the families burying their loved ones don't hear or see the protesters and be subjected to their vileness. We must past laws in each state that place a distance of 1000 feet away from the service, funeral, burial site  from one hour before to one hour after the service.


No comments:

Readers of the devotionals

Devotional Archives