Search the devotional

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Walk in Victory and not defeat

God bless you all, this morning I found myself siting down and reading Max Lucado books Six Hours One Friday, a thought came to mind so I wanted to share it with you and I pray that it is a blessing to you. Also thank you for those of you that have sent me words of encouragement.
Forgive me as I digressed for a moment there. Now back to my thought let me speak my mind before I should go astray at my age that happens often :)


We all love to win.

Victory is sweet. One reason it's so sweet is that it's usually
not easy. Victory takes effort -- often great effort.

Effort is also required in the spiritual battle of good against
evil we are all engaged in. But the effort required of us is to
maintain our attitude of faith in God and His Word.

We cannot overcome the strategies of the devil by our
willpower, or by our own strength. We must use the spiritual
weapons God has provided for us.

As a child of God -- you are a winner! The victory is already
yours through what Christ our lord and Savior did on our behalf. Don't let
the enemy steal the victory away from you.

Your enemy comes to steal your faith. Don't let it happen. For he is like a roaring lion going to and fro and seeking whom he might devour. Like Peter if we take our focus of Christ we will find ourselves sinking in the storms of life. But praise God he is faithful, if we call upon his name to save us the word of God tells us that he will do just that. The Good thing about God is that you know his love for you is so great that he has no intent of separating himself from you. He loves you even when you can't love yourself. He's each of us as the apple of his eye. Me I often times think of myself as that apple with the worm in it, the bad apple in the bunch but thank God he does not see me that way. Now if that not enough to show how much he loves you, remember this. While each of you hold a very special place in my heart, but not one of you would I ever put my child in harms way to pay a price for you. Pardon the pun but I would gladly through you under the bus before I would allow one hair on any of my children's head to be harmed just to save you. But thank God for us all I'm not God, cause he allowed his son to come down from glory and suffer much and die for us.... We say God bless you to each other and hug each other on Sunday but Monday through Wed we don't call or check on each other on pray night or bible study night we show up and greet each other and then again we leave and go back to our lives. But Christ really meant and was willing to show how much he loved us by giving up his life for you and me. So bottom line there is no reason for any of us to walk in defeat, let each of us be daily praying for each other and encourage each other whether it be with an email a phone call or a hug etc...

May the Lord our God keep you safe and renew your mind daily to be stayed on him. May the life you lead for he Lord speak of him by your actions and the love you show to others.


--
Dr. Willis Henry D.C.S
To thine own self be true

No comments:

Readers of the devotionals